Deadline: June 1, 2019
Research Grant Seed Money Award
Please be sure to provide all the information that is requested and adhere to the timelines.
All the applications will be reviewed by a panel of researchers from across the state to select the submission most worthy of financial support. Awardees are asked to present at the OSLHA Convention and submit an article for Communication Matters, as well as provide us with a written summary of the project once it is complete.
We are looking forward to seeing the great research that is being done in Ohio!
- Only current OSLHA members can apply for this opportunity!
- Funding will include up to $1500 for one selected professional or Doctoral, Graduate or undergraduate student recipient.
Research Summary Requirements
This should include:
- Research Area
- Description of purpose / Aim / Significance of project
- 3 page Summary on Background
- Literature Review
- Purpose / Methods and Project Timeline
- Itemized Budget (no salaries allowed)
- Research Approval and Subject/Participant Consent Process to be used
- Students: Also include Research Supervisor’s Name and Signature
- File a midyear research progress report 6 months after award is made. This report should be no more than one page.
- File a final itemized financial report by August 30th of the year after the award was made. Include all receipts and an explanation of how the money was spent.
- Submit a proposal to present the research in a miniseminar or poster presentation to the OSLHA Convention.
- You must follow all Convention submission procedures that are posted on the OSLHA website.
- This proposal must be submitted by the convention submission deadline of the year after the award was made.
- As an attendee at the OSLHA Convention you must pay the registration fee to attend and present.
- File a final research report by October 30th of the year after the award was made.
- Write an article for Communication Matters about your research project results.
- Submit this article by November 1st of the year after the award was made.
- SubSubmit your proposal by our Deadline:June 1, 2019.
- Your proposal will be reviewed by a panel of research experts shortly after June 1, 2019.
- Awards will be granted and participants notified of results by August 1, 2019.
- File single page, Mid-Year research progress report by February 28, 2020.
- File final itemized financial report with all receipts and spreadsheet confirming how funds were spent by August 30, 2020.
- Submit proposal to present your research findings in the form of a Miniseminar or Poster presentation at the 2021 OSLHA convention by September 15, 2020.
- File final research report by October 30, 2020.
- Submit written article for Q2 Communication Matters Newsletter by November 1, 2020.