|OSLHA Advocacy Recognition Award Nomination Criteria
process for obtaining nominations for the Advocacy Recognition Award has begun. We are counting on you to nominate those Speech or Hearing students or professionals who go above and beyond their regular job duties to advocate for a patient, patient population or professional cause. Don't let their efforts go unrecognized! Approved nominations will be hilighted quarterly in our Communication Matters Newsletter and a single annual winner will be selected from approved nominations to receive formal recognition and an award plaque at our annual convention held in Columbus in March.
The very first awardee was Dr. Elliott Zinner who was recognized for his coordination and hosting of a 2011 Sponsored Silence Event at Cuyahoga Community College which brought awareness of Speech Impairments and the use of AAC devices to the local community in an half-day event.
Examples of Nomination-Worthy Efforts
Eligible Nominees must be:
- An SLP, Audiologist or SLP/Audiology student in Ohio
- An OSLHA Member in good standing
- In good standing with the Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Have demonstrated an incident where they went above and beyond their job to advocate for a patient or professional cause
- Able to demonstrate a positive outcome as a result of their advocacy effort(s)
NOMINATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!
Please Submit Nominations in the following format:
|NAME OF NOMINEE:
|PROFESSION (SLP, AUD, STUDENT):
|SCHOOL OR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT:
|IDENTIFY THE POSITIVE OUTCOME:|
|INCLUDE A PHOTO OF THE NOMINEE (IF AVAILABLE) FOR USE IN OUR NEWSLETTER ARTICLE!|
|Nominator Contact Information:|
We encourage you to submit your nominations and supporting documentation at anytime of the year to: