Our Board of Directors Leads Our Mission:
Facilitating A Community of Dedicated Professionals Through Advocacy and Excellence.
OUR 2022 ELECTION SLATE
OUR 2022 ELECTION SLATE RESULTS
Vice President / President-Elect Responsibilities:
- The President-Elect’s primary responsibility is to become familiar with the long-term and annual goals of the Association, all Board positions and members, and their underlying committees.
- Serve as the Parliamentarian for the Association to ensure that Association meetings and business are conducted in accordance with established Parliamentary Procedures, as specified in the most recent edition of Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Serve as the Ombudsperson to assist in the resolution of problems involving individuals or organizations within the Association:
- Receive requests, guidance, complaints, and grievances from members of OSLHA, committees of OSLHA, and affiliate members.
- Facilitate communication and development of resolutions between parties using the established Conflict resolution procedures.
- Serve as ex-officio, non-voting member of all standing committees. Attempt to attend their meetings in which a request is submitted two weeks in advance of the date and when geographically feasible.
- May appoint Ad Hoc Committee as needed to accomplish necessary tasks.
- Review the annual budget to determine if there are sufficient funds to cover anticipated expenses for the activities within the President-Elect’s Scope of Responsibility.
Davida Weaver, M.A., CCC-SLP
Davida “Davy” Weaver is the Director of Clinical Services at Columbus Speech & Hearing Center. She is a cross-functional clinical educator, management professional and clinician offering over 35 years of successful experience in service delivery, management of administrative and clinical processes/programs and quality control. She has a track record of increasing revenues while improving quality of clinical education and service offerings. Davida demonstrates excellent leadership abilities demonstrated throughout career. Consistently successful in building relationships and networks to facilitate clinical education and service delivery. She combines expert communication, team-building, negotiation and presentation skills. Recipient of Ohio’s Excellence in Education Award and the Ohio Speech Language and Hearing Association Award of Fellow (2018).
Member of ASHA and OSLHA
Past Chair of Ohio Speech Language and Hearing Governmental Affairs Coalition (3yrs)
PAST PRESIDENT OF OHIO SPEECH, LANGUAGE AND HEARING ASSOCIATION (3yrs of VP Elect, Pres., Past Pres.)
Past Chair of the FCBMRDD Adaptive Computer Project Committee (3 yrs)
Past Chair of Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (6 yrs)
Additional Ohio Speech, Language and Hearing Association Leadership Roles – Former Student Affairs Committee Chair and Region 1 Representative; Former Professional Practice Representative for Supervision; Former Director of Technology and Publications; Former Professional Practice Representative for MR/DD
WHAT DO YOU FEEL THE IMPACT OF OSLHA SHOULD BE ON OUR PROFESSIONS?
I am a believer in Life Long Learning. I believe OSLHA provides many opportunities for professionals and students to learn and to grow everyday. I believe that the more we learn, the better we are at serving our clients; stepping into leadership roles; and advocating for our clients and our profession. I believe OSLHA has always provided this and will continue to do so.
WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PRIORITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
My priorities will be:
1. Leadership for the membership
2. Education of the membership and the community we serve
3. Advocacy for the professions and the clients we serve
WHAT SKILLS OR QUALITIES DO YOU POSSESS THAT WILL BENEFIT YOU MOST IN THIS POSITION?
Skills and qualities include:
Clinical Service Delivery / Policy & Procedure Development / Clinical Education / Program Management / Budget Development & Management / Strategic Planning / Staff Training & Development / Quality Assurance / Service Delivery / Public Speaking & Presentations / Contract Negotiation / Organizational Leadership
OSLHA Election Ballot Voting
The OSLHA 2022/23 Election Ballot is Open for Voting until Midnight, Friday, April 22nd!
Full and Life Members Each Have the Privilege of Casting a Single Ballot in our Annual Elections.
Don’t Miss Your Chance to Actively Participate in our Leadership Selection and to Drive the Future of our Organization and Your Profession! Vote Today!
Voting Concludes April 22nd, 2022