OSLHA Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteer experiences within the OSLHA organization. We have many areas of opportunity including; voting board member positions elected by our membeship, appointed practice representtive positions and short-term committee/event volunteer activiites.
We invite you to submit your name as a candiate for an opening below. All candidates are assessed for strengths using our established assessment tool to ensure your skills and interests are an ideal match for the position you are interested in. We look forward to helping you identify a meaningful and rewarding outlet for spending your time and utilizing your talents!
OSLHA Members interest in Elected Positions will be considered for our next regularly schedule election ballot (conducted annually in the spring)
OSLHA Members interest in Appointed Practice Rep or Committee Chair Positions may be considered to fill current vacancies or when positions are regularly appointed biennially.
Committee Member and Short-Term volunteer openings will be filled by the OSLHA Legislative Council or a committee chair as needed and often times may not require OSLHA membership.
- Who You Are and Where You Are Employed
- Your Interests or Hobbies
- Any Previous Experience Applicable to the Position You are Seeking Out
- Previous Volunteerism and Professional Activities
- Answer 3 Questions About Your Expectations For The Position as Dictated by Our By-Laws
- Submit your interest by our Deadline: February 15, 2019.
- Election position submission will be reviewed by our Elections Committee and an assessment of each conducted.
- Election candidates will be notiifed if their name will appear on the nect regularly scheduled ballot.
- Selected Election candidates will be asked to attend our annual convention business meeting to be announced as a candidate and additional candidate nominations will be accepted from the floor.
- The Election occurs with 30 days of the close of convention.
- Ballots remain open for 2 weeks.
- Candidate winners are identified, notified and then announced via OSLHA communication outlets and terms begin July 1 of that year.
- Appointed candidates are considered at the June Legislative Council Meeting for July 1st appointment start dates.
- Committee members are considered year-round to fill vacancies, to form ad hoc committees.