Deadline: June 1, 2021
OSLHA is very pleased to continue its biennial Research Grant Seed Money Award! We want to demonstrate our investment and commitment to the important research accomplished by our professions and will do so by awarding a research grant up to $1500 to one professional, Doctoral student, Graduate student or undergraduate student during the 2021/22 year.
Please be sure to provide all the information that is requested and adhere to the timelines.
All the applications will be reviewed by a panel of researchers from across the state to select the submission most worthy of financial support. Awardees are asked to present at the OSLHA Convention and submit an article for Communication Matters, as well as provide us with a written summary of the project once it is complete.
We are looking forward to seeing the outstanding research that is being done in Ohio!
- OSLHA members are eligible to apply for this Member-Exclusive opportunity!
- Funding will include up to $1500 for one selected Professional or Doctoral, Graduate or Undergraduate student recipient.
Prepare a 3-page Research Summary describing:
- Research Area
- Description of purpose / Aim / Significance of project
- Background to the study
- Literature Review
- Methods and project timeline; include participant consent process to be used
- Itemized Budget (Please do not include salaries, wages, or honoraria to researchers or other study personnel)
- Research approval letter from sites where data will be collected
- Indicate whether applicant’s employer requires IRB approval; include approval if required
- Students: Include research supervisor’s name and signature
- File a midyear research progress report 6 months after award is made. This report should be no more than one page.
- File a final itemized financial report by August 30th of the year after the award was made. Include all receipts and an explanation of how the money was spent.
- Submit a proposal to present the research in a miniseminar or poster presentation to the OSLHA Convention.
- You must follow all Convention submission procedures that are posted on the OSLHA website.
- This proposal must be submitted by the convention submission deadline of the year after the award was made.
- As an attendee at the OSLHA Convention you must pay the registration fee to attend and present.
- File a final research report by October 30th of the year after the award was made.
- Write an article for Communication Matters about your research project results.
- Submit this article by November 1st of the year after the award was made.
- Submit your proposal by our Deadline:June 1, 2021.
- Your proposal will be reviewed by a panel of research experts shortly after June 1, 2021.
- Awards will be granted and participants notified of results by August 1, 2021.
- File single page, Mid-Year research progress report by February 28, 2022.
- File final itemized financial report with all receipts and spreadsheet confirming how funds were spent by August 30, 2022.
- Submit proposal to present your research findings in the form of a Miniseminar or Poster presentation at the 2023 OSLHA Convention by September 15, 2022.
- File final research report by October 30, 2022.
- Submit written article for Q2 Communication Matters Newsletter by November 1, 2022.
Applicants must be active OSLHA Members. Log into your OSLHA Member Account and visit our Member Community Page to Complete and Submit a Research Grant Application for Consideration.
Become a Member!
Join our Membership Community Today!
- Full Membership (Speech & Audiology Professionals): $75
- Associate Membership (Allied Professions, Consumers, Clinical Fellows): $45
- Student Membership (Full-time CSD Students): $25
- Life Memberships Available to Lifetime Membership Participants
Benefits: Members receive significant discounts off OSLHA CE activities, member-exclusive online CE programming and accessibility to exceptionally priced professional liability insurance coverage, ALL Included in an annual membership. All memberships expire on June 30th.