SLP students, academic program directors and faculty, clinical educators, and Clinical Fellowship mentors, and Clinical Fellows, this session is for you! Get answers to your questions about ASHA’s new certification standards in speech-language pathology, which take effect on January 1, 2020. Members of ASHA’s certification staff, along with current and former members of the Council for Clinical Certification in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CFCC), will be available to answer your questions. This live chat will help answer your questions about:
- how to navigate the new online application process
- certification standards changes that are coming in 2020
- applying for certification under the new standards, and
- when to apply for certification (particularly important for December 2019 grads!)
All current and soon-to-be certificate holders should be familiar with the new requirements for supervision and ethics professional development, and how to be prepared for implementation in 1/1/2020.
To prepare for the chat, read about the 2020 Certification Standards Changes.
- Gretchen Ehret Hoshaw, MA, CCC-SLP, ASHA Associate Director of Certification, Programs, Rockville, MD
- Lynn Flahive, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL, CFCC Past Chair, Clinic Director and Assistant Professor, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
- Todd Philbrick, CAE, Credentialing Specialist, ASHA Director, Certification, Rockville, MD
For more information, go to the ASHA website under “certification.”
A clarification, the one hour of Ethics must be earned during the three year certification maintenance cycle, beginning with the 2020-2023 cycle. This applies to any individual who holds the CCC. ASHA/CFCC will be doing a webinar (the third one) on Tuesday, December 3, at 10 eastern/9 central.