- This event has passed.
The X Factor: Take Students from “Captive to Captivated” with Engagement Strategies for On-line Structured Literacy Lessons
October 13, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$30.00
|Are you struggling to keep your students’ attention and engagement levels up during online lessons? We’ve invited one of the most talented structured literacy online tutors we know. He also happens to be one of the MOST entertaining speakers out there! Presented by Keith Nice, nationally renowned speaker & “In the Trenches” educator.|
All who register can view live and/or watch the recording which will be available for one month. 2 Continuing Ed. Hrs. for All and CMHs for SLPs.
In this unique session you will learn to:
– Utilize research-based structured literacy methods to build phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension during on-line instruction.
– Apply Powerful on-line strategies to grab and keep your student’s attention during 1:1, small groups and large group instruction.
– Employ simple, yet impactful tricks to get your students to take risks and push through difficult tasks using the secret weapons (Power-point, Key Note and Google slides).
– Tap into readily available on-line features on your computer to build phonemic awareness and phonics skills; while pushing accuracy and fluency to higher levels.
– Capture student’s attention using powerful strategies using your web-cam through positioning, facial expressions, and key phrases you can say to keep those reluctant students engaged.
– Learn specific literacy strategies using a combination of free materials teachers can make themselves, on-line apps and other simple resources available.
Don’t miss this extremely timely session! You’ll walk away with tons of strategies that really work. To register, go to www.readingwithtlc.com