AREA: Columbus, Ohio
TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist - Full and Part Time Opportunities
- Valid state license to practice as a Speech Pathologist issued by the Ohio Speech and Hearing Professionals Board
- Valid Pupil Services License/Certificate issued by the Ohio Department of Education
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Documentation of a clear criminal record
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies
DESCRIPTION: Provides for the identification, diagnosis, and remediation of communication disorders, enabling students to progress in their educational program.
- Evaluates students as a part of the multifactored evaluation process in the areas of articulation, phonology, language, voice, fluency, pragmatics, and other related areas.
- Assists with the development of the individualized education program (IEP) for students.
- Plans and implements therapy programs for identified students, develops a therapy schedule, participates in team meetings, conferences, etc.
- Incorporates and promotes instructional, assistive, augmentative and other types of technology; and upholds the acceptable use policy.
- Utilizes appropriate assessment, data collection and progress monitoring methods to assess academic and social performance and to inform instruction and progress.
- Consults with parents, school personnel and outside agencies, as appropriate; provide families with techniques to assist with therapeutic interventions at home.
- Participates in professional growth activities through staff development, workshops, inservices and higher education.
- Upholds board policies, follows administrative guidelines, complies with Federal and state laws, model policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the education of students with disabilities. Ensures paperwork is accurate, all timelines and deadlines are met (annual reviews, progress reports, etc.), strictly adheres to HIPPA and FERPA, respects personal privacy and maintains confidentiality of privileged information.
- Maintains high ethical standards, exhibits professionalism, self-control, flexibility, satisfactory attendance/punctuality, dependability, accepts responsibility for decisions and conduct, promotes a favorable image of the Agency, etc.).
- Adapts to unique circumstances and factors such as travel, extended hours, student behaviors, interactions with aggressive/disruptive individuals, etc.
CONTACT: Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
Sheila Damren email@example.com 614.542.4142
AREA: Columbus, Ohio
TITLE: Speech-Language Pathologist
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed SLP (or eligible). Experience serving individuals with autism spectrum disorder a plus.
NOW HIRING SLPs & CFs
Large interdisciplinary team of professionals
Caseload average 25-28 clients
Annual CEU benefit
Covered licensure and certification fees
Co-treats with OT, PT, social work, and other mental health professionals
Dedicated therapy spaces with up-to-date testing, materials, and technology.
Opportunities for career-path development & leadership roles
Working in our center-based Transitions and Early Intervention centers
Day shift M-F, no weekends
EMPOWER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH IS:
Supporting programs for people with disabilities from early childhood through transition age: early learning, academic, life and vocational skills
Offering a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
401(k) with Employer match
Health, Dental, Vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Generous PTO benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Commensurate with experience starting at $70,000
Continuing Education Allowance
In-person and Telehealth Services
Licensure and Certification Paid
Scheduled Professional Development Days
All necessary technology<
CONTACT: Please contact Lynn M. Dudek MS, CCC-SLP, MBA ,BCBA, COBA by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with all questions and to provide a resume.
AREA: Columbus, Ohio
TITLE: Speech Therapist - Contract Position
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Current Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology License.
- Carry insurance for public liability and, if applicable, worker’s compensation.
- Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people, and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, and other technology.
- Must have customer service skills.
- <span style="font-siz
*Applicants must be willing to work as 1099 contractors, responsible for their own taxes and equipped with the necessary tools and resources to fulfill the Speech Therapist responsibilities on a freelance basis.
- Thinks, communicates, and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Provides coaching services to families in the Early Intervention program in order to meet IFSP goals/outcomes.
- Reviews information on each child prior to sessions; including evaluation, Individualized Family Services Plan (IFSP), and Child Outcome Summary (COS) in order to provide comprehensive services.
- Meets with the caregiver and the child in the community (YMCA Branches, school buildings, and libraries) to provide in-person speech services.
- Shares effective strategies to increase language and communication during daily routines and following the procedures set out by FCBDD and YMCA for the program.
- Provides each family with detailed notes after each session with coaching techniques they can incorporate into daily routines within 24 hours of the session.
- Completes Child Outcome Summaries for children involved in the program.
- Ensures all written and verbal communication is presented in a professional manner and given to the family and Y staff within 24 hours/immediately following the coaching session.
CONTACT: To apply please visit our application page. If you have any questions please contact, Samantha Stewart, Vice President of Community Strengthening, at SStewart@ymcacolumbus.org