Student Leadership Development Program
Extended Deadline: February 7, 2021
The Ohio Speech-Language-Hearing Association is proud to host our 12th Annual Student Leadership Development Program for currently enrolled students in any of the communication disorders programs at an Ohio institution of higher education. Our 2021 Program will take place virtually on March 17th, 2021.
The OSLHA Student Leadership Development Program is designed for currently enrolled communication disorders students with the following purposes:
- To provide education and training in the general area of leadership
- To provide basic understanding of the process and strategies for effective advocacy
- To encourage and facilitate leadership opportunities for graduates of the program.
Programming will include a full day of sessions addressing leadership skills, legislative advocacy, diversity in leadership, and an opportunity to integrate with leaders in the OSLHA community. Students will interact with various established leaders in the field and engage in personal development activities such as team building and leadership. Student participants will be recognized and will receive a certificate of completion.
Participants are selected for the 2021 event through a competitive application process. Attendance will be limited to a maximum of 20 selected students. Every attempt will be made to select participants representing as many universities as possible.
- Eligible applicants must:
- Be a student (undergraduate senior, graduate, doctoral, professional doctoral)
- Be enrolled, at the time the program is being conducted, in a communication disorders academic program in an Ohio institution
- Have at least a 3.0 university GPA
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of the selection
- Be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident of the U.S., or have an F-1 student visa
- Be a member of OSLHA at the time of the application and at the time of participation in the leadership program.
- Personal Statement
- Current CV/Resumé data
- Two letters of support of nomination that include:
- One letter from a faculty member at their major program of study
- One letter from the program director or chair of the student’s academic program.
- These letters should confirm the eligibility of the applicant and must be written on university letterhead.
- Students should obtain support documents from their supporters and include them in their application form submission.
- A single application submission with all of the required elements should be submitted by the published deadline via the form below.
Additional Program Details
- Applicants must affirm that they will be available to participate in the entire program for the length of the day. As the program is virtual this year, exceptions to this expectation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Prior to the program, there will be several brief individual assignments to prepare appropriately for participation in the group setting.
- Submit your application by our Extended Deadline: February 7, 2021.
Become a Member!
Join our Membership Community Today!
- Full Membership (Speech & Audiology Professionals): $75
- Associate Membership (Allied Professions, Consumers, Clinical Fellows): $45
- Student Membership (Full-time CSD Students): $25
- Life Memberships Available to Lifetime Membership Participants
Benefits: Members receive significant discounts off the OSLHA Convention as well as access to exclusive online continuing education programming and accessibility to reasonably priced professional liability insurance coverage, ALL Included in an annual membership. All memberships expire on June 30th.