Student Programs & Support
Finding a Communication Sciences & Disorders
Looking for a Speech or Audiology program to enroll in?
This resource includes details for all of the Speech and Hearing university programs in Ohio and new programs are emerging regularly!
OSLHA Trivia Night Fundraiser
We invite You +1 to participate in our Trivia Night Fundraiser! Join us in this fun. social setting to support the future of our association and test your trivia knowledge for chances to win prizes! Secure Your Zoom Square Today!
Space will be available for the first 300 registrants who register for this activity. Registration will close at 4:00 the day of the event or when the session reaches maximum capacity, whichever comes first!
April 27th 7-8pm
Secure Your Zoom Team Square:
$30 = You + 1
Grants & Scholarships
Research Grant Seed Money Opportunity
This biennial opportunity is available for student and professional applicants seeking out financial support for the purpose of conducting research in the area of speech or audiology.
Details: 2021 Grant Details
June 1, 2021
The OSLHA Scholarship Fund was established in 1992. Since that time, because of the generosity of OSLHA members, students entering Speech-Language and/or Audiology graduate programs in Ohio universities have received awards totaling over $48,000!
Our scholarship committee selects recipients annually from our university nominations of outstanding student candidates. Recipients are announced and awarded this recognition at our annual convention awards luncheon. Consider joining us for this wonderful celebration or please consider supporting the scholarship fund in your absence. The OSLHA Scholarship Fund is maintained as an endowment in a Foundation – meaning that your gifts are never spent, only the interest they generate. This assures OSLHA will be able to encourage students as they continue their education in our professions for many, many years to come!
Contributions to the Scholarship Fund may be made to HONOR a family member, colleague, mentor or, IN MEMORY of a special person who has passed away. The Scholarship Committee will send a letter to the individual or family when requested. Please use the Scholarship Fund to remember those that have enhanced your life and/or professional endeavors and success.
You may contribute to OSLHA’s Scholarship Fund by completing that section of the OSLHA Membership form and adding the contribution to your dues payment or send your donation at any time to the OSLHA Business Office at PO Box 309, Germantown, OH 45327.
Scholarship nominations are collected through university faculty.
Scholarship Fund donations are welcome at: OSLHA Business Office at PO Box 309, Germantown, OH 45327.
Awards & Recognitions
We are honored to recognize a large number of students from across the state with various awards and recognition’s each year.
Student Recognition Award
This award recognizes up to two (2) undergraduate or graduate students in the field of Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology.
- Outstanding leadership qualities,
- Innovative contributions to the field of Speech-Language Pathology and/or Audiology, NSSLHA or OSLHA,
- Membership and involvement in NSSLHA or SAA,
- Membership and involvement in OSLHA.
Nomination Deadline Extended:
Mar 5, 2021
Advocacy Recognition Award
This award recognizes those Speech or Hearing students or professionals who go above and beyond their regular job duties to advocate for a patient, patient population or professional cause. Don’t let their efforts go unrecognized! Approved nominations will be highlighted quarterly in our Communication Matters Newsletter and a single annual winner will be selected from approved nominations to receive formal recognition and an award plaque at our annual convention held in Columbus in March.
- An SLP, Audiologist or SLP/Audiology student in Ohio
- An OSLHA Member in good standing
- In good standing with the Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Have demonstrated an incident where they went above and beyond their job to advocate for a patient or professional cause
- Able to demonstrate a positive outcome as a result of their advocacy effort(s)
Outstanding Graduate & Undergraduate Student Awards
Every year OSLHA honors up to 3 outstanding students from each university that offers Speech-Language Pathology and/or Audiology programs.
OSLHA considers an “outstanding student” someone who not only excels academically, but who also has outstanding interpersonal skills, shows evidence of leadership, and is dedicated to the ideals of the profession.
These students are selected by their university and are named at our annual OSLHA convention awards ceremony. The selected graduate and undergraduate students are awarded a free registration to the OSLHA Convention, as well as a one-year free Honorary OSLHA Membership for the following fiscal year.
We welcome you to register to join us at our awards event to celebrate the outstanding students in our state university programs who are preparing to enter the Speech and Audiology professions!
Selected by Individual Universities
Awarded at Our Annual Awards Celebration
Additional Awards & Recognitions
Many student recognition opportunities exist thanks to the efforts of other organizations and corporations, including;
National NSSLHA Chapter Honors Recognition
Chapter Honors Opportunities:
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards Available, Eligibility Requirements Vary
Chapter Honors Application Process:
- Confirm Your Chapters Eligibility
- Prepare a Complete Application
- Submit The Application By The March 29th Deadline
- National NSSLHA Will Review Applicants and Announce Winners in May
- National NSSLHA’s Executive Council Will Recognize 1 Gold Honors Chapter as the “Chapter of the Year” in May.
Tips for Honors Success:
- Familiarize Yourself With the Application Requirements.
Even if you’ve already completed a lot of these tasks, take a few minutes to double check your progress.
- Start the Application and Update As You Go
The application won’t take too long to complete, but to ensure you don’t forget any valuable contributions, complete the application as you go.
- Engage with the ASHA / NSSLHA Community Monthly
Post a brief (50+ words) update on your chapter’s activities for each month from September through March.
Hint: You can back-date these if you haven’t started yet!
- Meet your Advocacy Goals on Virtual Advocacy Day
Virtual Advocacy Day is March 4, but you can participate any time! Ask your Student State Officer for a quick tutorial!
- Get Inspired by the Achievements of Past Recipients
- Mark your Calendar – Applications are Due By March 29th!
Become a Member!
Join our Membership Community Today!
- Full Membership (Speech & Audiology Professionals): $75
- Associate Membership (Allied Professions, Consumers, Clinical Fellows): $45
- Student Membership (Full-time CSD Students): $25
- Life Memberships Available to Lifetime Membership Participants
Benefits: Members receive significant discounts off OSLHA CE activities, member-exclusive online CE programming and accessibility to exceptionally priced professional liability insurance coverage, ALL Included in an annual membership. All memberships expire on June 30th.